Transition Networks' 100BASE-TX to 100BASE-FX Media Converter makes cost-effective integration of twisted pair and fiber optics in Fast Ethernet networks easier than ever before.
|Manufacturer:||Transition Networks, Inc
|Manufacturer Part Number:||E-100BTX-FX-05
|Manufacturer Website Address:||http://www.transition.com
|Brand Name:||Transition Networks
|Product Name:||100BASE-TX to 100BASE-FX Media Converter
|Product Type:||Transceiver/Media Converter
|Total Number of Ports:||2
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports:||1
|Number of ST Ports:||1
|Media & Performance|
|Media Type Supported:||Twisted Pair, Optical Fiber
|Fiber Mode Supported:||Multi-mode
|Maximum Distance Supported:||1.2 Mile
|Network & Communication|
|Ethernet Technology:||Fast Ethernet
|Network Technology:||100Base-TX, 100Base-FX
|Input Voltage:||9 V DC
|Height:||3" (76.20 mm)
|Width:||1" (25.40 mm)
|Depth:||4.75" (120.65 mm)
|Weight (Approximate):||226.8 g
- Operates under heavy traffic loads without excess heat so there is no need for a failure-prone internal fan.
- Round trip delay of only 40 bit times - far below the Class II rating of 92 bit times.
- Automatically detects and reports loss of link on a connection using Link Pass Through. This feature allows the equipment at the remote end of a link failure to "see" this failure and respond with corrective actions, such as Spanning Tree fail-over links, proprietary trunking links, or failure reports through SNMP or RMON procedures built into the switch, router or hub.
- Automatically detects faults in a link using Far End Fault. This feature of the Fast Ethernet Fiber standard allows you to troubleshoot a fault, even if it is only in one direction; alerting the device on the same side as the failure.
- The converters will also automatically re-establish link when connected to two 10/100 auto-negotiating switches if link is lost. With other manufacturers' converters the user must intervene to re-establish link.
- Pause is a component of Auto-negotiation and because Auto-negotiation is not supported over a fiber link, switches cannot utilize this flow control feature without our converters. Enabling the Pause feature on the converters betwen two switches allows users to take advantage of this flow control feature on their equipment.
- AutoCross technology eliminates an entire category of network troubleshooting by automatically matching crossed and uncrossed cables to the appropriate connection. The twisted pair port is instantaneously configured to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration.
- Only Transition Networks guarantees compatibility with any 10/100 compliant port. This feature allows you to force the proper port configuration through an external switch on the converter, unlike competitive products that ship in Auto-Negotiation mode and may require both hardware and software configuration.
- Bit error rate: < 10-9
- Fiber Optic Cable Recommended:
- 62.5 / 125 µm multimode fiber
- 100 / 140, 85 / 125 , 50 / 125 µm multimode fiber
Fiber Optic Connector:
- Min TX PWR: -19.0 dBm
- Max TX PWR: -14.0 dBm
- RX Sensitivity: -30.0 dBm
- Max In PWR: -14.0 dBm
- Link Budget: 11.0 dB
- SW1: Auto-Negotiation On/Off
- SW2: Pause TX On/Off
- SW3: LPT On/Off
- SW4: FEF On/Of
- Jumper Block 1: Auto Cross enable
|Certifications & Standards:|
- IEEE 802.3® 100BASE-FX, 100BASE-TX
- UL Listed
- FCC Class A
- EN55022 Class A
- CE Mark