The Barracuda Web Security Gateway is an on-premises solution that, integrates with your directory service for group-based policies and caches static Web content locally to save bandwidth. The gateway can be configured either to provide local security and policy enforcement or forward traffic to the cloud-based Web filtering service. Gateway appliances are managed and configured through the cloud-based central management and reporting interface. The Barracuda Web Security Gateway is available as a hardware appliance or as a virtual appliance.
|Manufacturer:||Barracuda Networks, Inc
|Manufacturer Part Number:||BWA215a
|Manufacturer Website Address:||http://www.barracudanetworks.com
|Product Name:||Purewire Web Security Service Adapter 215
|Software Main Type:||Security
|Software Sub Type:||Security Management
|Software Name:||Purewire Web Security Service Adapter 215
- Web Security Flex's advanced Web filtering integrates powerful URL filtering analysis, including more than 100 million active Web sites across 90 categories, with real-time reputation scoring and content analysis. The database is updated daily with newly categorized sites and provides a real-time feedback loop to increase accuracy.
- Web Security Flex stops sensitive data leaks from leaving your organization via Web traffic. This includes controlling access to Webmail, blocking the ability to upload certain file types, and stopping keyword postings on user-generated content sites such as blogs and Wikis.
- Web Security Flex manages access to various Web applications, including non-browser based Web applications such as instant messaging, VoIP, P2P file sharing and streaming media applications.
- Web Security Flex helps maximize bandwidth by keeping unnecessary and unauthorized traffic off of your network, while accelerating the Web experience through ollaborative content caching in the service.
- Web Security Flex compliance enforcement is based on powerful, customizable rules that govern what your users are allowed to do. Configured on a single screen, each rule manages restrictions and exceptions for a group of users, with control of blocking, overriding, coaching, quota-based usage throttling, rule scheduling and real-time alerts.
- Web Security Flex's Dynamic Response Classifier engine analyzes response traffic based on HTTP headers, content filtering and link analysis. The engine operates in real time as part of the proxy, and Web Security Flex dynamically classifies Web sites on the fly to make fast, accurate decisions about the security of those sites.
- Script-Attack Prevention:
- Web Security Flex's Threat Analyzer engine emulates the browser and performs multiple security checks to determine what exactly a specific application is trying to do. Web Security Flex is able to block malicious scripts before they enter your network.
- Object-based malware detection uses string scanning and advanced heuristic technology to block unknown Web-based viruses and spyware before they can gain access to your enterprise network.
- Signature-based anti-virus protects against previously identified viruses. The Web Security Flex service integrates industry-leading anti-virus signatures, updated hourly, to provide a rapid response to new known security threats.
Suggested Number of Users: Up to 150