McAfee VirusScan for Mac guards against all types of viruses and malicious code, including new and unknown threats, that target OS X. VirusScan for Mac offers unintrusive, effective protection that hunts down and kills viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malicious code as they attempt to infect systems, allowing users to continue to work uninterrupted. Easy to use and always on guard, VirusScan for Mac automatically checks for the latest virus updates, so your protection is always up to date. It is supported by McAfee Avert Labs, one of the world's top threat research centers.
|Manufacturer Part Number:||AVM85M
|Manufacturer Website Address:||http://www.mcafee.com
|Product Name:||VirusScan v.8.5 for Mac
|Software Main Type:||Security
|Software Sub Type:||Internet Security
|Software Name:||VirusScan v.8.5
|Software Product Supported:||Mac
- VirusScan for Mac scans files as they are accessed to determine if they are infected with malware.
Proven anti-virus technology:
- VirusScan for Mac for Macintosh stops every type of virus and malicious code threat, even compressed files; using advanced heuristics and generic detection, VirusScan for Mac protects against new viruses and other threats.
Easy Macintosh-like interface:
- VirusScan for Mac uses Apple's Mac OS X Aqua user interface, so you have an instantly familiar Macintosh screen; and with DropScan, you have easy on-demand scanning.
- Keeping your Macintosh systems up to date is as easy as a mouse click; the rapid update system automatically grabs the latest virus updates to ensure full compliance and protection against viruses, worms, and other malicious code threats.
Enforces security policies:
- VirusScan for Mac offers continuous policy enforcement for multiple files, directories, or volumes, including volumes on remote computers connected through the network.
Get broad protection:
- VirusScan for Mac protects your Macintosh systems against all types of viruses and other threats, including emerging malware.
Scan when you want to and need to:
- Because VirusScan for Mac uses the Mac OS X interface, you can initiate on-demand scanning using file drag and drop.
Scanning is reliable and accurate:
- False positives can be a problem with some anti-virus software, but with VirusScan for Mac, they are few and far between.
- With a single keystroke, you can keep VirusScan for Mac fully up to date for maximum protection.
It's easy to manage:
- Using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, you can control, manage, and report using a single-console display.
|Platform Supported:||Mac, Intel-based Mac
|License Type:||Media Only
- 133 MHz Intel-based or greater
- Apple Mac OS X v.10.4 Tiger or later