Optra Forms is a printer-based batch document formatting and electronic forms printing solution from Lexmark. Optra Forms version 4.3c consists of five easy-to-use programs (Design, DataMap, Style, Manager, Optra Forms Web Filler / Filler for Windows) and an Optra Forms flash memory or hard disk option installed in Lexmark laser printers. Forms, fonts, and all formatting information are stored in the printer. Host data sent to the printer is reformatted, positioned on the page, converted to bar codes if required, and merged with the form or page as it prints. The combination of the printer's processing power and the powerful Optra Forms Merge program, stored in the printer, creates an elegantly simple solution for electronic forms or formatted batch documents on-demand.
|Manufacturer:||Lexmark International, Inc
|Manufacturer Part Number:||11N0040
|Manufacturer Website Address:||http://www.lexmark.ca
|Product Name:||Optra Forms v.4.3c
|Product Type:||Software Suite
|Software Main Type:||Network & Communication
|Software Sub Type:||Print Management
|Software Name:||Optra Forms v.4.3c
- Optra Forms Web Filler and Filler for Windows to make it easy for end users to view a form, fill in the blanks and print the form with data for situations requiring on-demand, real-time completed forms printing.
- Enhanced UNIX and Linux Printer Drivers with an Optra Forms initialization sequence in an Optra Forms queue for:
- Caldera, Red Hat, TurboLinux, SuSE
- Compaq (Digital), HP-UX, IBM, SCO, SGI, Sun and UnixWare
- A variety of common bar codes in the Optra Forms Software, and using bar code dictionaries, additional bar codes with the Lexmark Bar Code Card or the Optra Bar Code SIMM including PDF417 and MaxiCode
- For SAP environments:
- Optra Forms includes two SAP Device Types which contain Optra Forms initialization strings to simplify integration into an SAP environment, the SAP RDI Device Type (ZLXRDI) for RDI data and the SAP SAPscript Device Type (ZLXFORM2) for ASCII text data.
- Optra Forms is now certified by SAP to operate with the SAP Raw Data Interface (BC-RDI) in R/3 (SAP certification number 1009), a special output format from the SAP system where data is sent without formatting or printer datastream commands.
- Lexmark International, Inc. is an accredited SAP Software Partner
- Optra Forms Download Utility to allow a user to download PCL fonts or macros, or PostScript fonts or overlays to an Optra Forms flash SIMM, flash DIMM or hard drive.
- Euro currency conversion variables with special extensions in Optra Forms Design
- OCR-A, OCR-B fonts, euro and other currency symbols, electrical and manufacturing symbols fonts and Roman Pillar, a font to significantly improve the appearance of printed columns of numeric and text data.
- Hardware security option: For added security, confidential form printing can now be restricted to authorized personnel. This is a lock and key that attaches to the printer serial port. When the key is removed, the printer will print but the confidential forms will not.
Use as a simple document formatter for batch printing to:
- Change the font size, style and weight of selected text in a document
- Move, copy or delete all or part of the variable data
- Add data as a bar code or OCR font to any page
- Change the layout of data on a page, including portrait or landscape
- Format monochrome data into color output to improve the look of a document
- Make multiple copies on different media types such as letterhead, plain paper or colored paper
- Sort pages into a specific output bin or mailbox
- Optra Forms Web Filler / Filler for Windows
|License Type:||Complete Product
|License Quantity:||1 User
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP
The Optra Forms products (see table) are supported for use with the following printers and MFPs:
- Optra Color 45 (with flash memory only)
- C752, C752L and X752e
- C912 and X912e
- T520 and T522
- T620 and T622
- T630, T632, T634, X630, X632 and X632e
- W820 and X820e
- X520 and X522 (with flash memory only)
The browsers that support Optra Forms Web Filler include:
- Microsoft Intranet Explorer for Windows 95/98/NT 4.0x, 5.0x
- Microsoft Intranet Explorer for Windows 2000
- Netscape Navigator for Windows 95/98/NT 4.0x
- Netscape Navigator for Windows 2000
- Netscape Navigator for SolarisTM 4.04
For formatting of forms design:
- Processor: 486 or Pentium processor-based personal computer
- Operating Systems: Windows 98, Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0 or later
- Hard Disk: 20 MB of available hard disk space
- Memory: 16 MB of RAM, 64 MB of RAM for Windows 2000
- Optical Drive: CD-ROM drive
- The following is required for use of the Optra Forms products:
- Either an Optra Forms flash memory option or an Optra Forms disk option installed in the printer which contains the pre-loaded Optra Forms Merge program.
- A minimum of 4MB of printer RAM memory is required with Lexmark Optra printers. Performance is improved with additional memory, especially for duplex printing.
- If Optra Forms is implemented in flash memory, then more than 12MB of RAM plus the amount of flash memory installed is required for printer RAM. For example, if the printer has 16MB of Optra Forms flash memory, the printer must have 28MB of RAM or more for forms management to work properly.
- For SAP&#reg; RDI support, Optra Forms Merge program version 4.446 or later is required.
Note: The Optra Forms solution is platform independent and can work with data from any host including mainframe, AS/400, Linux, UNIX or other large servers or workstations. The only requirement is that print output data is in a flat ASCII (plain text) format.